Business Strategy ~ Technology ~ Operations
SENIOR EXECUTIVE, experienced in planning, building, marketing and executing multi-media and technology opportunities with a specific expertise in early stage oppurtunities. 23 years of executive experience in the media, entertainment and technology industries.
- Animated first CG 65 second animated film trailer for the United Artist Theaters, 1990.
- Created the CG opening animation for CNN’s “Crisis in the Gulf”, 1991.
Warner Bros. Animation / Warner Digital
- Animated opening CG sequence for “Batman, Mask of the Phantasm” theatrical release, 1993
- Largest technology implementation (over $7M) for animation / special effects in a LA facility, 1994.
- Implemented LA's first fully switched all fiber-optic OC3 (155Mbps) network directly to workstation desktops, 1994.
- Awarded patent for the way users interact with a multi-media database application, 1996.
- Awarded “Most Innovative Design” for a fiber optic video networking device, 1998.
Toonacious Family Entertainment
- Developed and implemented a business and marketing strategy for releasing a new direct-to-DVD animated property, which sold over 70,000 units from the initial launch of the first two episodes, 2003.
- Built a technology development stage company to an organization with 10 bank clients within 12 months, placing it on a steady track to achieve a cash positive position within 18 months.
Three Point Ventures, Chattanooga, TN, 2009-Present
Operating a business and marketing strategy firm focused on helping clients turn their ideas into stronger business ventures.
- Identify and manage business development opportunities
- Manage daily business operations
- Determine and create business, marketing and technology strategies
- Support oppurtunities through personal business and technology resources
- Identify and match business and technology oppurtunities with potential revenue streams
ACH Federal, Chattanooga, TN, 2008-2009
Operated an early-stage electronic payment processing company with a direct relationship to the Federal Reserve.
- P&L responsibility for organization
- Recruited and hired key employee positions
- Created and implemented sales and pricing strategies
- Determined marketing strategies
- Directed the engineering project to full operational status
Toonacious Family Entertainment, Burbank, CA, 2001-2007
Co-founded a family entertainment company focused on creating, developing and producing intellectual animated properties for direct-to-DVD and theatrical releases.
- All aspects of business affairs
- Financing strategies
- Fundraising management
- Corporate/Property/Project budgeting
- Distribution strategy and negotiations
- Marketing strategy and implementation
- Vendor and manufacturing negotiations
- Legal counsel interface and document preparations
Emaimai, Hong Kong, 1999-2001
Co-founded an “eBay for China” internet-based auction site based in Hong Kong for the Asian markets.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Design and user interaction of the website
- Logo and corporate branding
- Implemented software and hardware technologies
- Managed the engineering teams
Angeles Ventures, Los Angeles, CA, 1999
Partner in a venture capital firm specializing in the incubation and development of startup opportunities. Partnership led to the formation of Emaimai.
- Identify opportunities based on market conditions
- Negotiate fees and equity position in startup opportunity
- Fundraising management
- Legal management
Synctrix, Los Angeles, CA, 1997-1999
Founded an entertainment technology company that created products to transport video over fiber optic networks.
Chairman / President
- Secured venture capital funds for operations
- Hired executive management staff
- Created marketing and public relations strategies
- Product design
- Board of Directors management
- Strategic relations development
- Vendor negotiations
- Finance and accounting management
Cinebase, Sherman Oaks, CA, 1994-1997
Co-founded a software application company focused on database software that manages entertainment industry production 2D/3D multi-media assets.
Vice President, Design & Technology
- Designed software application for both user interface and user interaction
- Managed the engineering department
- Awarded co-author patent based on software design
Warner Bros. Animation & Warner Digital, Sherman Oaks, CA, 1992-1997
Designed and implemented a digital animation and special effects production environment.
Consultant (Animated f/x)
- Technology budgeting, design and implementation
- Vendor negotiations
- Engineering management
- CG artist hiring and management
- Project execution and oversight
Digital Arts, Burbank, CA, 1992
Interfaced with user base and new customers of a 3D computer animation software developer.
- Application demonstrations
- Client management
- Application designing based on user interaction and feedback
- Marketing assistant
Light Visions, Atlanta, GA, 1988-1991
Co-founder of a 3D graphics production house. Responsible for all creative aspect, including design and implementation of client projects.
- Directed and animated, 3D computer generated projects for clients including CNN News, United Artist, and General Cinemas
- Implemented and managed technology
- Project client relations
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Graduated with Honors, 1988
Marketing Committee Member, YMCA, Burbank, CA (Previous)
Member, Tennessee Society - University of Tennessee Alumni Association, Knoxville, TN
Vice Chairman, Elder Board of Emmanuel Church, Burbank, CA (Previous)
Download Resume as PDF